That's so beta

Friday 1 June 2007

That's so beta

Via Daniel at datblogu, I found myself on the website of Cymdeithas Meddalwed Cymraeg (that’s the Welsh Software Association yn Saesneg).

Daniel seemed pleased that there was some activity on the membership mailing list, signs that the CMC which was founded in July 2005 and launched its print publication, Byd Technoleg, at the National Eisteddfod in August 2006, has not completely faded into oblivion.

Wanting to renew my membership (I used to receive their notices but for some reason I have no copy of the mail that Daniel mentions), I went to the site and clicked ‘Join’ — and was horrified to be presented with a copy of their paper-based ‘registration of interest’ form to be printed and sent by snail mail to Bangor.

I know that Byd Technoleg is targeted at non-technical readers, but surely a web form with the option to print and post would be a more elegant, not to mention efficient alternative?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just in case anyone doesn't fully appreciate the awefulness of the form - it isn't even in word or pdf format - you literally have to print the webpage!
Still nice to see signs of like though :-)

Daniel (datblogu)



Subscribe to eNewyddion